- D.D.S. -Tokyo Dental College
- Postgraduate Training in Dental Anesthesiology at Tokyo DentalCollege
- Board Certified -Japanese Board of Dental Anesthesiology
- Board Eligible-American Board of Periodontology
- Clinical Assistant Professor – Tokyo Dental Colledge
- Diplomat – American Board of Periodontology
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Japanese Dental Society of Anesthesiology
Periodontal diseases, also known as gum disease, are some of the most common infections. Despite the number of people infected with this disease,most believe they don’t have them since periodontal diseases are painless until their advanced stage. If left untreated, these diseases can result in bad breath; red, swollen and bleeding gums; and, eventually teeth loss. However, periodontal diseases are also preventable diseases.
Primary cause of periodontitis is dental plaque, which is mass of bacteria(that’s why you really brush your teeth well!). Other risk factors are periodontal disease in family members, smoking, stress, habits such as clenching or grinding, and systemic diseases such as diabetes.
The goal of the periodontal treatment is to return you to good oral health and then help you to maintain it.
Sequence of Treatment
- Oral hygiene instruction
- Scaling/ Root planing (Deep cleaning)
- Periodontal surgery (If needed)
- Regenerative therapy (If needed, as shown in figure)
For more information,link to : American Academy of Periodontology.
An implant is a man-made root that occupies the position that your natural tooth once held. The implants will support your new teeth. Sequence of treatment is shown in figure. The treatment is completed in phase ranging from 5-9 months, depending on each condition.
For more information,link to : Academy of Osseointegration.
Nihombashi MM Bld, 4F
3-5-12 Nihombashi ,Chuou-ku ,Tokyo
Japanese health insurance accepted.